In the current economic climate it is more important than ever to use a supplier who produces a product which is guaranteed to be of the highest quality and complies with current legislation in addition to providing excellent value for money.
From 2013, all construction products which includes Mezzanine Floors and Steel Framed Buildings will, by law have to be CE marked. McCanns are well on the way to achieving this CE marking for all of its products, (we already produce CE marked ‘Swingsafe’ Pallet Loading Gates and Goods Lifts), and as a further mark of our commitment to quality, have achieved Welding Procedure Certification and Welder Qualification by six of our fabricators.
McCanns Engineering, the Design and Manufacturing division of McCanns Group, have been awarded the prestigious Welding Procedure Certification to BS EN ISO 15614-1:2004+A2:2012.
The certification has been achieved in the welding of carbon steels of unlimited thickness from 5mm upwards, using MIG-MAG welding techniques.
The procedure and testing was carried out at McCanns Engineering own fabrication facility in Llandovery, Carms.
Code A Weld from Radstock, a UKAS accredited testing house (UKAS certification no. 0326) carried out the on-site tests and the laboratory testing was carried out by Code A weld Holdings Ltd. Inspection Dept.
Six of McCanns fabricators were awarded Welder Qualification in MIG-MAG welding of carbon steels to BS EN 287-1:2011.
McCanns pWPS reference no. is MDC-MAG-CS-FW-002.
In addition to full Structural Design, McCanns Engineering have the following in-house fabrication and finishing capacity.
- Single fabrications up to 10 tonnes
- Fabrication of single components up to 25m long (eg. Gantry cranes).
- Fabrication in Mild Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminium.
- Shearing of steel plate up to 4.0m long and up to 10mm thick.
- Folding of steel plate up to 4.0mm long and up to 8mm thick.
- Punching in Mild Steel up to 50mm dia. and through 25mm thick.
- Plate rolling up to 12mm thick.
- Section rolling for tube, flats, angles etc.
- Robotic Welding.
- Purlin production in high yield galvanized steel.
- Bandsawing on steel sections up to 650mm x 450mm.
- Plasma cutting.
- Wet painting and Powder Coating.
All items manufactured by McCanns are carried on our own transport.
- 23 Nov 2012McCanns Engineering achieve Welding Procedure CertificationIn the current economic climate it is more important than ever to use a supplier who produces a prod...
- 15 Oct 2012Launch night at the Mosaic, SwanseaMcCanns have designed, manufactured and installed a bespoke Mezzanine Floor with Feature Staircase a...